Uniform – Whole School:
- Red polo shirt, preferably with the school logo
- Navy blue jumper, sweatshirt or cardigan, again, preferably with the school logo
- Dark grey/black trousers, skirt or shorts
- Red/white or Blue/white checked dresses (Summer term)
- Sensible shoes – children climb steps indoors and out, and play on outdoor equipment
Uniform is not compulsory but is worn by the majority of children in school and is strongly encouraged to promote a sense of belonging to our school’s community.
PE Kits should include:
- Nursery: plimsolls/gym shoes, placed in PE bag provided and left in school
- Reception: gym shoes/trainers, dark shorts and a ‘House’-coloured t-shirt
- Year 1-Year 6: gym shoes/trainers, dark shorts and a ‘House’-coloured t-shirt plus tracksuit top/bottoms for outdoors
We would like all children to wear a ‘House’-coloured t-shirt for PE as many of the activities are done in these teams. Many other activities in school are also carried out in Houses. Coloured t-shirts without the logo are also fine, although children will need House coloured tops for various events, plain white t-shirts may also be worn for PE.
Note: for the Autumn 2020 term, the whole school will have PE on a Thursday. Children should come to school in their PE kit for the day. PE kits do not need to be left in school at this time.
How To Order
Our uniform is available with the school logo from Little Gems in Peterlee.
Uniform can also be ordered from https://myclothing.com/hesleden-primary-school/7413.school
Ask in school for further details.
Please note – jewellery is not allowed in school. Children wearing earings/other jewellery items will be asked to remove them. If this is not possible they will not be allowed to take part in any physical or recreational activity. Older children may wear inexpensive watches, which can be removed for PE.
All children with hair long enough to be tied back should do so during school time. This is compulsory for PE.