Inclusive education means supporting all pupils to learn, contribute and participate in all aspects of school life alongside their peers. Our curriculum includes, not only the formal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum / National Curriculum, but also a range of additional opportunities to enrich the experiences of all pupils.
The Curriculum also includes the social aspects that are essential for lifelong learning, personal growth and development of independence.
At Hesleden Primary School, we:
- Ensure that all children have access to the appropriate Early Years / National Curriculum and all school activities.
- Ensure that all children are fully included in all activities of the school in order to promote the highest levels of achievement despite any difficulty or disability they may have.
- Ensure that teaching staff are aware of and sensitive to the needs of all children, teaching them in a way that is more appropriate to their needs and assessing each child’s individual progress.
- Support children to gain in confidence and improve their self-esteem through group, paired and individual activities, including social times throughout the day.
- Make additional provision for children with SEND to fully develop their abilities, interests and aptitudes and gain maximum access to the curriculum.