Uniform – Whole School:
- Red polo shirt, preferably (but not essential) with the school logo
- Navy blue jumper, sweatshirt or cardigan, again, preferably (but not essential) with the school logo
- Dark grey/black trousers, skirt or shorts
- Red/white or Blue/white checked dresses (Summer term)
- Sensible shoes – children climb steps indoors and out, and play on outdoor equipment
Uniform is not compulsory but is worn by the majority of children in school and is strongly encouraged to promote a sense of belonging to our school’s community.
PE Kits should include:
- Nursery: plimsolls/gym shoes, placed in PE bag provided and left in school
- Reception: gym shoes/trainers, dark shorts and a ‘House’-coloured t-shirt
- Year 1-Year 6: gym shoes/trainers, dark shorts and a ‘House’-coloured t-shirt plus tracksuit top/bottoms for outdoors
We would like all children to wear a ‘House’-coloured t-shirt for PE as many of the activities are done in these teams. Many other activities in school are also carried out in Houses. Other coloured t-shirts with or without the logo are fine, although children will need House coloured tops for various events, plain white t-shirts may also be worn for PE.
Note: the whole school has PE on a Thursday.
Children should come to school in their PE kit for the day. Classes taking part in swimming or forest schools will be told in advance, and these will replace PE on a Thursday.
Where to buy
Our uniform is available with the school logo from Little Gems in Peterlee.
Uniform can also be ordered from https://myclothing.com/hesleden-primary-school/7413.school
Non-logo uniform can be purchased at most supermarkets with clothes aisles.
Please note – jewellery is not allowed in school. Children wearing earings/other jewellery items will be asked to remove them. If this is not possible they will not be allowed to take part in any physical or recreational activity. Older children may wear inexpensive watches, which can be removed for PE.
All children with hair long enough to be tied back should do so during school time. This is compulsory for PE.
👚👖 Pre-loved Uniform & School Clothes Swap 🥼👞
Our pre-loved uniform and school clothes are ready for a new home!
Items are of very good quality and some items are almost brand new. Each is size-labelled and displayed for easy access in the main entrance conservatory. Please come along and have a look at our stocks of uniform / school items, including coats and shoes.
We hope to promote an eco-friendly culture of donating / contributing and reusing good quality pre-loved (preferably uniform) clothes which children have quickly grown out of. Items can be sent into school during the year to help replenish stocks.
All items are available at no cost.